- Loss from operations decreased from R4 736 million to R1 092 million;
- Headline loss reduced from R5 370 million to R2 589 million;
- Rights issue decreased net debt and resulted in savings on finance costs;
- Three fatalities and a higher lost time injury frequency rate, deteriorating from 0.48 to 0.62;
- Low GDP growth and lack of infrastructure spend resulted in domestic demand at a seven-year low...
In 2016 ArcelorMittal South Africa succeeded in reducing both operating and headline losses by R3 644 million and R2 781 million respectively, performances that were achieved through an 8% increase in average... read more